WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Smitten with Kelly Wearstler's Melange Light Collection, Withstanding the test of time...


FAVORITE LIGHTING AT THE MOMENT...
Kelly Wearstler's Melange Lighting collection,
a Modern Day Classic 
and Keeps Us Coming Back For More!
photo via One Kings Lane
Kelly Wearstler is a force to reckoned with in the interior design industry.  If I had to choose one talent as the iconic, ground-breaking designer of our era, I'd choose her.  Wearstler's products can be found across the industry at each market, and she is known for distinctive designs with an artistic edge and a little bit of soul thrown in for good measure.  I love her aesthetic showing she thinks "outside the box" while consistently producing new and inspiring works.  This celebrated LA-based interior designer has transformed into a successful product designer of furniture, lighting, rugs, fabrics, tabletop, trim and fashion.  She even opened a new Concept Store in Harrods, London this past winter after hand selecting from her 65-piece permanent collection and creating beautiful vignettes for the London store.  She is a true success story showing herself as an artist who forges ahead with a unique vision.  Back in 2014, Wearstler debuted the Melange collection which is still one of my favorites.  I recently specified these sconces for a project in East Hampton and bringing me back to the entire collection, which can be found at Circa Lighting.  It is one part modern, another part traditional with beautiful finish options.  When people claim Wearstler has revolutionized modern American design, I wholeheartedly agree.  It's refreshing to see what she offers each year, but it's also good to know that her products withstand the test of time.  
Take a look at Melange...
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
“I am so passionate about lighting. Lighting is so integral to the mood and aesthetic of a space. It is everything. The lighting collection plays upon my love of geometric form, mixed metal patinas, rich texture and thoughtful materiality. The pieces are transitional and contemporary with a voice that feels chic, modern and sophisticated. Designed to mix and match, I would use many different pieces – from the Cleo Floor Lamp to Melange Table Lamp - within one space.”
-Kelly Wearstler on lighting via Harrods.com


Happy Nesting
XO Tamara