WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

A stunning antique and art resource: The Highboy, this online site is on my radar

 I recently met up with the folks from The HighBoy, which is a curated online marketplace for antiques and fine arts, and I am smitten.   The website was founded earlier this year by former antique dealers Olga Granda-Scott and Douglas Scott who believe the company is as much about contributing to the longevity and vibrancy of the antiques industry as it is about creating a gratifying business.  They have utilized their wide network of connections to forge relationships with antique dealers all over the country and bring this incredible source of antiques and art online.  It is exciting to note one of their missions is to make the experience of discovering and sourcing antiques easy and captivating, while also bringing the subject to a younger generation. The website is not like your grandmother's dusty attic, instead they offer it up in a modern, fresh approach.  As a life-long antique aficionado, I appreciate this notion.  Check out my story I recently contributed over at The Antique Diva where I happily shared my favorite outdoor antique market set each summer in a bucolic historic farm in East Hampton. 


 
18th century Italian chair
I also enjoy reading The Highboy's blog, The Weekly, where I find fresh and interesting content on the subject of antiques.  The Weekly has a new look, infused with a bold, modern aesthetic and easy-to-read content surrounding the topic of how to live in a modern home with antiques and arts.  They feature designers and their top picks, style makers and even profile the antique shop owners they work with on a regular basis.  One of my favorite recent stories is about one of The Highboy's dealers, an antique shop called Lola & Bess in Charleston, South Carolina. The story shows up-close the passion behind running a successful family-owned antique business.  It is  exciting to note The Weekly is forging relationships with writers who hold an expertise in this genre, and if you are interested in a partnership, please contact press@highboy.com 

I look forward to catching up with The Highboy in November when they come to New York City.  Details about the informative cocktail party, book signing and antique panel discussion they will host at Jonathan Burden Antiques in New York City are outlined below, and please stop back here soon for more details.  In the meantime, check out some of my "must have" pieces this season from the Highboy.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
please note: 
I am happy to report that The Highboy 
is a supporter and sponsor of Nest by Tamara

Italian x-frame-stools on painted and parcel gilt frame

Misty Morning Colorado bridge by Arthur Egeli, 1965 oil on canvas

Set of 8, Czech porcelain dining plates

Karl Johan biedermeier chaise