WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Antiques in the Hamptons this weekend? Stop into the East Hampton's Mulford Farm show...


What's happening around East Hampton this weekend? 
I will be on the hunt for antiques at Mulford Farm in East Hampton...

This weekend there are lots of parties, events, fundraisers and family get-togethers but on the top of my list is the East Hampton Mulford Farm Antique Show.  Tomorrow night's (Friday) gala on the historic, bucolic property kicks off the festivities with lots of sneak peeks and early buying. 
The East Hampton Historical Society 
brings this annual show to the historic grounds of Mulford Farm from Saturday July 19 to Sunday, July 20.  For eight years now the antique show is one of my favorites in the area.  Interior Designer Celerie Kemble is the Honorary Chairwoman of tomorrow's Preview Cocktail Party which is set on the Mulford Farm, located on James Lane in the heart of the village of East Hampton on 3.5-acres of historic land, complete with a restored 17th century farm house and several barns and outbuildings, some of the oldest on eastern Long Island.   With more than 55 antique dealers in the meandering property throughout set in white tents spread across the  the farm, it is truly one of the prettiest places to shop for antiques. 
check out these photographs I've taken of a sampling of items I've spotted, 
and some I've picked up for myself or for my clients over the years when shopping 
at the Mulford Farm show! 
  



 there are a cornucopia of botanical and antique prints
I loved checking out this lovely majolica
 some of my favorite pieces are the fabulous outdoor garden furniture 
offered at the show each year.
the lighting and antique textiles are some of my favorites as well.
  The show is made possible in part by the generous support of BNY Mellon Wealth Management, House Beautiful and Channing Daughters Winery, Charlie Whitmore Gardens. The show is managed by Ferguson & D’Arruda of Providence, Rhode Island.  Catering is provided by Brent Newsom and live music at the Preview Cocktail Party will be performed by Jane Hastay and Peter Martin Weiss.
Admission is only $10, and for $20 they offer an early morning entry at 9 am.  Regular show hours are Saturday from 10am–6pm and Sunday 10am–5pm. The show offers an on-site café for a light breakfast and lunch as well. Tickets for the Friday night Opening Preview Cocktail Party start at $150 per person and enable return visits the following days. Junior Ticket (age 40 and under) are priced at $100. For tickets please contact the East Hampton Historical Society at 631-324-6850, e-mail at info@easthamptonhistory.org  or visit the East Hampton Historical Society’s office, located at 101 Main Street, East Hampton, from Tuesday to Saturday, 10am – 5pm.  You can also pick up tickets on-line at www.easthamptonhistory.org.or at the gate the night of the event. 
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara