WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

2013 dreams of a Valcucine kitchen after visiting the Soho showroom

Happy New Year
and Kitchen Dreaming for 2013

a couple weeks ago you may have read my "holiday romp" post when a few of us design bloggers got together for a great cause to help Hurricane Sandy victims.  We dined at the Soho Mondrian, and shopped through the neighborhood, and tweeted along the way, then enjoyed a fun cocktail party in a cool, hip kitchen showroom downtown NYC.  Veronika Miller of Modenus set it up with design industry sponsors, and about 20 bloggers came together!
Valcucine hosted a festive cocktail party for us in their Soho showroom, and this got me dreaming of a clean-lined kitchen with large proportions.
Valcucine showroom in Soho
VALCUCINE + DOM Interiors |
66 Crosby Street, New York NY 10012 | Tel: 212-253-5969
At Valcucine, there are lots of kitchens on display with various aesthetics and state of the art technology utilizing "green" concepts and incorporating European old world craftsmanship.  There's something for everyone, but all with a futuristic, modern bent.
I like the showroom and company's philosophy:
“A conscious use of materials, from the point of view of sustainability, not just the production process but also of the product itself, is fundamental. Respect for the environment is the common denominator that underlies all the projects of Valcucine.”
I'm hoping maybe a new client will want one of these 
beautiful kitchens for their home in 2013 - 
a girl's gotta dream!

Happy New Year 2013
 Happy Nesting XO